Thursday, August 19, 2010

Uhauls are expensive!

So if  you know how my dad is, me and my mom and practically my whole family knew that I was renting a UHAUL other than him. He thinks I can bring my whole life in two minivans. So since I moved everything on Wednesday, I decided to tell him on Monday about the UHAUL so he had Tuesday to mull it over.
So on monday night here is how the convo went:

Me: Dad, I rented a UHAUL.
Dad: ( mad face) Why did you rent one. Don't you ever listen to me?
Me: No. 
Dad: I am not driving it. I am not going to Vermont.
Me: Its better to use a UHAUL since it can carry ALOT of stuff and we can drop it off in Vermont.
Dad:(pouting/mad face) Since you don't listen to me, I am not going. 

So just to not make my dad look bad, I made this conversation very G-rated meaning less entertaining.
But he ended up going, and since I was in the car with him for 4 hours, I didn't hear the end of it. Since I was programmed from childhood to yell back whenever I hear the slightest attitude tone, I was not listening and yelling back to what he was saying which was along the lines of its expensive, anything over $150 is a ripoff, they try to cheat you of your money by adding more days than they have to.

I was only annoyed because he wasn't paying for it, I WAS! So if anything it is my money that is ripped off, not his. And he made a point of saying well that is money not going towards our family >_<.

Overall, I am happy I got a UHAUL. I just never imagined that it would be so expensive from the gas to the renting and tax! Now I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment