Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentine's Day weekend

Sorry for the delay in updates. 
Last week we had 2 exams and yesterday we had a Nutrition Final Exam worth 
50% of our grade 
so
 YES BIG DEAL.  
One module down and 2 more to go!  
And so with nothing to do, I decided to blog. :)


Pharmacy Skills Lab has been a bit difficult for me because we are learning aspetic techniques in a clean room using needle and syringes for filling IV bags and WOW. I had previous experience before with working in sterile conditions in the hood but I had no idea about how 'dirty' I was. 

I had no idea you have to hold the syringe a certain way so that the sterile air can flow pass the needle, 
or 
the zone of turbulence in which EVERYTHING has to be at least 6 inches apart. 
Because I DEF remember all I use to do was grab a BUNCH of syringes and just throw it down into a bundle of mess inside the hood (something you should NOT do). 
I guess maybe that was why my cells got contaminated alot. 
0_0
OPPS 
....
Alot of it IS COMMON SENSE but there are the little things that can make a Pass/Fail assessment into a FAIL. 
For instance:

CORRECT Hand Position 

Ummmm DUH?

It's also valentine's day weekend and it is super exciting because all the boyfriends have come to visit! 
Sadly my BF couldn't make but we will see each other soon. 
So instead of going to the annual February Freeze Semi Formal a few of our friends was coordinately invited to a special dinner for JY's birthday!

We had 5 star service!
 Waiter service. Individual plates. Open Bar. 
IT WAS AH-MAZING!



WELCOME TO THE QUARTER CENTURY CLUB !
CHEERS!

1 comment:

  1. Umm.... that dinner does look amazzzing!!

    Good luck to you as you work your way through pharmacy school :)

    ReplyDelete