Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 2 of Volunteering: Epilepsy Walk of VT

Sunday was a big day of volunteering. Many students from my school either went to the Alzheimer's Walk or the Epilepsy Walk. Service Group decided to volunteer at the Epilepsy Walk passing out water to the walkers as well as cheering everyone on. 6 of us volunteered while 12 of our students walked.


The highlight of the walk was that I got to meet Miss Vermont!!! I think the boys were more excited than I since they couldn't wait to take a photo with her and ask her for her autograph.

While I was talking to her, I found out that she went to Simmons College but she went there the year after I graduated ( SO FREAKING YOUNG!). It was such a small world and we were just talking about the college and how much she loved it when she was there.
 Rachel- I got you an autograph!!!!

Till next weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment