Since there is restlessness and sleep deprivation in VT from studying for upcoming exams, I have nothing fun to report back to y'all.So I figure I will take a break and dedicate a blog post to my parents. It's to show that I love them and also to
remind my dad that his anniversary is TODAY! Hes over 60 so you can't blame him for his memory loss.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
I love my mom and even though I won't say it out loud BUT I love my dad too (if you make me say it to his face-awkward, won't do it).They are kooky in their own way and if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be here and I wouldn't be who I am now without them.
 |
| Running for the Marathon |
From my dad: I received his charismatic behavior (
he was hot stuff when he was younger, not sure what happened now), corny jokes and quick wit, fast temper, stubbornness, and a little of his penny pinching ways. He taught me that the world isn't all flowers and butterflies, that you need to work hard for what you want, not sit around and wait for something to happen. He was the one that influenced me in trying new sports such as volleyball, crew, and track! In the end, I didn't enjoy the competition, so therefore->no sports!
 |
| My mom is the center of our universe ! |
From me madre: I received her brains and beauty, her ability for the appreciation of life, and to not take things for granted. I learned from her to let the small things go and just smile; to value the true meaning of family and friends. She taught me to be a social butterfly as you all call it. She was also the eldest so we both have that motherly instinct (such as nagging: I tend to NAG... A LOT). I just wanted to say thanks for trusting me when I was going through
that phase and letting me be me. =)
Since I am not at home to help celebrate, Winette has taken the role of being the "
Older Obedient Daughter&Sister" and will treat you to a family dinner. Most likely Organic Sushi at Genki-ya. =) I am very jealous so please take your time and enjoy every morsel.
 |
| Volcano Roll @ Genki-Ya |
 |
| Salmon Sashimi, Snow Crab Roll, Sunset Roll @ Genki-Ya |
Listen and learn VT. THIS IS WHAT SUSHI IS ALL ABOUT!
*************************************
side note from Winette: "today is my parents 25th (silver) wedding anniversary. i told them that i would treat them + the family + grandma out tomorrow, expecting them to choose a fancy place. where do they want to go? bugaboo creek, a place we've been to a million times since i was 5. -_-"
*************************************
Anyways, I love you. Happy 25 years! I can't wait for the diamond anniversary party!
UPDATED 11/10/2010
The dinner at BuckaBoo Creek SteakHouse paid for by #2
sweet post :)
ReplyDeleteawww Marlana...so cute!!! btw, we gotta go again to get sushi..ASAP. :)
ReplyDelete^_^
ReplyDelete