Monday, February 28, 2011

I am truely spoiled!

Lici commented how spoiled I am because I get surprises every week and it's true. I feel really special, thanks to my friends, family, and other half. I am totally spoiled and I sort-of like it ;)

This past weekend while studying for patho, I got to enjoy a little break with BL and Company. They came up to VT for boarding and decided to drive the extra hour and half from their hotel to take me out to dinner. Since they didn't call me 10 minutes before they arrived, I was ill prepared to received them because I was still "pant-less"!- Don't Ask.


We went to Farmhouse Grill and this is our second time there. Despite the crazy reservation time, which I ONLY had an option of reservations at 5pm or 9pm, we just went there anyway and the wait was only 30 minutes long. If your either a cheese or beer snob- I highly recommend this Gastropub. This restaurant offers foods that are fresh, locally grown, and organic unique meals with lots of different beers. 

The downside of it was I had to face this guy during dinner.
But even seeing Henry's sourpuss face didn't deter me from getting to see my BekBek. 


After dinner, Henry was craving for some VT honey. Ever since I bought some for my mom it has been a hit with Boston peeps. As we were making our way inside Shaws, BL eyes widened with glee. When I was looking at what she was looking- I WAS LIKE HELL NO.
I only agreed to this embarrassment for the amusement of my friends.


They were uber-excited, that they made me do rolllies across the aisles in the supermarket.
I guess the pro is I didn't have to struggle in my crutches. 
The con would be that they need to place the eggs closer to me- I have short arms!
It was a nice ending to a weekend of 'studying'.  BL definitely enjoyed torturing me.
Can't wait for more antics to come with my MarLicKy during Spring Break.
I would like make a toast to short journeys with many happy surprises!
"We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.
-- Jawaharal Nehru

4 comments: