Friday, November 5, 2010

1st Annual Giving Tree 2010

What first enticed me to join DYS was the volunteer involvement  in the community as well as with our national philanthropy, March of Dimes. My last year of being totally active was me as our location's Philanthropy Chair. It was the best feeling in the world for me when I would help set up something and with the help of sisters, the task at hand would be accomplished. My mouth would get watery with excitement (the same way I get when I see korean food!) when things would go the way I hoped it would be.


That same feeling has followed me to VT. I got nominated and accepted a "Point Person P1" position for our Service Group. This club is only 2 months old so it is still going through the motions.
BUT if you read my previous post (BLOG CHALLENGE DAY 4) the Giving Tree started Nov1st and all the clubs on campus is involved in giving back to the community one way or another. The Service Club is still relatively new so we did not have anything set up and had to get on it!

Fast forward to few days and rejections later:  I was able to get in contact with a local Emergency Food Bank and secure the dates that we wanted to volunteer for "OPERATION TURKEY"; distributing food and turkey to families in need for Thanksgiving.

So yes I got really excited when things are going!

I also wanted to load up my FIRST EMAIL TO THE WHOLE SCHOOL asking for volunteers because I am a dork like that!

Hopefully people actually email me back to volunteer >_< or else it would turn into a fail!
**CROSSING FINGERS**

1 comment:

  1. good luck!!! you did an amazing job with philanthropy for dys

    misss youuu marlanalana!

    ReplyDelete