For the past two weeks we have been dealing with capsules in lab. You would think it is easy to make but it is very difficult. There are all calculations involved, aaqs or aa or qs. We have to make sure the drug powder is uniform, and then make sure the capsule is up to par in the perfect weight.
I thought it was super cool to see what a empty capsule looked like for the first time.
Like I said before, I am easily amused.
Look at the mess I made!
Lastly after the capsule is to the desired weight, you have to close it. When you close it, you feel a snap.
Last week when we did capsules I THOUGHT I closed it but nope. I wasn't able to FEEL it snap and close. You don't want to snap it shut too hard as you may damage the capsule and cause dents BUT you don't want it to be opened and explode.
| You can sort of see the indents on the edge to guarantee its closure. |
Well Ladies and Gents. I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!
For the VERY FIRST TIME, I officially accurately shut the capsule to its closed position. It was purely accidental and when I did it, it felt so smooth. When I heard the click and felt the grooves fall into place, it was heaven.
A moment of awe.
It was a wow feeling to do something right- I would compare it to like an initiation rite of being a student pharmacist.
For the VERY FIRST TIME, I officially accurately shut the capsule to its closed position. It was purely accidental and when I did it, it felt so smooth. When I heard the click and felt the grooves fall into place, it was heaven.
A moment of awe.
It was a wow feeling to do something right- I would compare it to like an initiation rite of being a student pharmacist.
Till next time =)
lol at how easily you are amused. and that looks like a pile of cocaine or some form of drugs. what was it anyway?
ReplyDeleteoh you sure did make a mess.. i'll help you clean that up (sniff, sniff) haha
ReplyDelete